What We Do
Annual Book Exchange
Friday, November 4, 2016 - 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Union Pacific Depot, 402 N. 2nd Street.
Transformations Charity Gala
Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 7:00pm
One Hundred Good Women is a volunteer group that responds to short-term needs in the community as support and backup for our local social services. Examples include:
- We've collected and given blankets, sheets, bicycles, towels, musical instruments, scrubs, kids clothing, and lots more.
- At Christmas we adopt several families as well as people in special circumstances (such as the teenagers at the Community Shelter).
- We host three annual exchanges - one each for books, clothing, and accessories. You bring items, and then we sell them to someone else for $1 each. Proceeds go to a local agency.
- Community collections of various kinds, such as adult diapers for the Council on Aging, food for Just Food, toilet paper and other personal hygiene items for the shelter.
- Whatever else comes along.
A $10 per year membership donation is suggested but not required. Pay as you can.
Have a request to make to our members? Submit it to the board. They'll consider it and let you know if it works for our group.