Service creates strong community
We promote well-being in our community through service, education and social connection.
What We Do
Check out the Lawrence Journal-World's list of emergency resources to see where you can donate food.
MAKE A DONATION
You may make a monetary donation here. If you have goods or services to donate, contact us.
One Hundred Good Women is a volunteer group that responds to short-term needs in the community as support and backup for our local social services. For example:
- We've collected and given blankets, sheets, bicycles, towels, musical instruments, scrubs, kids clothing, and lots more.
- At Christmas we adopt several families as well as people in special circumstances (such as the teenagers at the Community Shelter).
- We host three annual exchanges - one each for books, clothing, and accessories. You bring items, and then we sell them to someone else for $1 each. Proceeds go to a local agency.
- We do community collections of various kinds, such as adult diapers for the Council on Aging, food for Just Food, toilet paper and other personal hygiene items for the shelter.
- And whatever else comes along.