What We Do
One Hundred Good Women is a 501(c)3 volunteer group that responds to short-term needs in the community as support and backup for our local social services. We serve Douglas County, Kansas. For example:
- We've collected and given blankets, sheets, bicycles, towels, musical instruments, scrubs, kids clothing, and lots more.
- At Christmas we adopt several families as well as people in special circumstances (such as the teenagers at the Community Shelter).
- We host three annual exchanges - one each for books, clothing, and accessories. You bring items, and then we sell them to someone else for $1 each. Proceeds go to a local agency.
- We do community collections of various kinds, such as adult diapers for the Council on Aging, food for Just Food, toilet paper and other personal hygiene items for the shelter.
- And whatever else comes along.
A $10 per year membership donation is suggested but not required. Pay as you can.
Join us! You'll get an irregular email newsletter with requests and announcements. Oh, and like us on Facebook, please!
Check out the Lawrence Journal-World's list of emergency resources to see where you can donate food.
Make a Donation
If you have goods or services to donate, contact us.
You may make a monetary donation here.
Want to make your donation for a specific cause? You'll have a chance to add a comment before you give payment information.